Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"C" is for Communication

or should I say miscommunication? Two actual scenarios from work today.

1)
Email from me to co-worker:
I would like to schedule A, B, and C all in one day. Can you please assist?

Email (and phone call) from co-worker to me:
Would you like to do A, B, and C all in one day or on three separate days?

2)
Email from me to IT:
The training I am trying to complete won't launch in my browser. I used the diagnostic tool, and it states there is an error with Java. I downloaded the most recent version from the Java website and ensured that Java was enabled in the "Internet Options" settings.  Help!

Email from IT to me:
You need to go to the Java website and download the most recent version.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND! Someone please make it Thursday already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...