My office was initially a dining room that opened up to the entry way and kitchen. We have an island and eat-in kitchen area, so we had absolutely no use for an additional formal dining room. After consulting with our realtor, we decided to wall up the opening to the kitchen and put doors along the entry-way opening.
The same guy who did my closet and laundry room came back for this project. The first time the custom doors arrived, they were 6' 8". We ordered 8'. Back they went. Second order arrived but had damaged glass. Returned. Damaged glass door came back with different glass than the other panels. The fourth order was finally correct and undamaged, so we hired some painters and completed the project. Woo hoo!
Here are the progress and final photos. The project wrapped up in 2012. Tully was at least 1, and Clare wasn't born yet, so that puts us between April and December...sometime in there. My mommy brain can't nail down a date more concrete than that. John brought out his electrical engineering skills and installed the desk lighting for me. He also rewired the existing kitchen switch to the outer wall and made the original switch my new desk light switch. Resourceful and practical. Thanks, babe!
|1) wall installed 2) cabinets installed and 3) painted|
|1) doors installed and 2) painted|
Next projects...the chimney is being rebuilt, and then granite is being installed in the kitchen. All in May. Nearly full master bathroom remodel also coming in 2013. Whoever got the brilliant idea to undertake all of these projects with two small children needs their head examined.