Monday, April 12, 2010

"C" is for Cabinets

Back in January a clothing rod collapsed in my closet.  I did the (un?)reasonable thing, which was to gut my entire closet and laundry room, to create more storage in the house.  We still need to add the finishing touches to the closet, so I'll save that for a future post, but we are completely finished with the laundry room.  Here's the transformation.

              Before                                                     After














My favorite thing to remove from this space was the rack supported by a wire that the previous owners had installed.  My favorite two things to add to this space were the clothing rod above the sink and the HUGE cabinets that go to the ceiling.  I have room to hang dry all of our clothes, both short and long, and we now have space for our household supplies (extra paper towels, cleaners, space heaters, shoe polish, etc.) and luggage.  I also added a clothing rod under the cabinets above the washer and dryer to keep extra hangers.  It's completely out of the way but the hangers are right there when I need them.

                  Before                                               After



                                                                   
A special thanks to my mom for the design ideas and for helping paint. If you need a recommendation for a carpenter, I highly suggest the one I used.  He did extremely customized work for a very reasonable price, and he was able to reuse all of the existing cabinets in the new layout.

Time to get some laundry done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...