Monday, April 5, 2010

"C" is for Continental

Over the past few years, I've traveled quite a bit for business and also some for pleasure.  The airline industry is notorious for poor customer service, so I wasn't surprised to find my suitcase looking like this when I returned from Grand Cayman last month.










The zipper was missing, and the pouch that previously only opened from the top now opened on three sides.  Awesome.  Just what I've always wanted.

The good news is that Continental customer service rep, David Ramsey, was picking up the leftover luggage from the baggage claim area when we discovered our new two-tone, easy-access bag.  Mr. Ramsey quickly processed our damage claim and offered a replacement bag or reimbursement for a new bag.  I opted for purchasing a new bag and found the Skyway Prolite 25" at eBags on clearance.  It's slightly smaller than the red 26" Samsonite, but a full Samsonite = overweight baggage fees.


I mailed my eBags receipt and a letter complimenting Mr. Ramsey's excellent customer service to the address provided on the claim form, and a couple weeks later my refund check arrived.    No follow-up phone call necessary, no nasty letters, nothing.  I was shocked.

Au revoir, American, United, and Delta.   
Bonjour, Continental!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...