Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"C" is for Vitamin "C"

For all the mommies and mommies-to-be out there, I thought you might be interested in the chart I created to figure out which prenatal vitamin I wanted to take.  I would note that a) I'm not a doctor and b) more doesn't necessarily mean better.  (If you've ever taken too much iron, you know what I'm talking about.)

Click chart to enlarge.





















I considered many of the other brands my physician gave me, but they're not rated due to either high cost or lower quantities of nutrients when compared to a "sister" brand, which is included in the chart.

Neevo DHA: cost unknown
CitraNatal Assure: $57, less Fe and Ca
CitraNatal Harmony: $60, no C, I, Zn, or Cu
Concept OB: $33, no DHA
Natelle ONE: $94, high cost
PreNexa: $69, high cost
PreNate Essential: $89, high cost

I'm not advocating one brand over another, but you can see what each vitamin contains without scouring labels or searching websites like I did.  Also, the prices indicated are for MY insurance.  I'm sure coverage is different for everyone.  Once my free samples run out, I'm planing to fill a prescription for Duet DHA complete due to the low cost and high quantity of nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...