- I ate some cool whip with frozen dark chocolate chips for dessert last night. I told myself the cool whip was healthier than ice cream. John looked at me like I was from another planet when I made the bowl. It was random but good.
- I let Tully watch Baby Signing Time videos on the mini-DVD player while he eats. I know kids under two aren't supposed to watch TV, blah, blah, blah....but the kid is quiet, and he is learning sign language. He hates the regular TV anyway, unless it's on Toddler Tunes music channel.
- I get easily obsessed with finding THE perfect (insert item you would buy: stroller/coffee maker/vacation resort) and can spend hours or even days researching. I stayed up until 3am the other night looking into double strollers. I found what I thought would be the best "everyday" double stroller for us, only to talk to John the next morning and decide we would use a double jogging stroller more.
- It drives me nuts when people baby talk, especially to toddlers learning to talk. High-pitched voice for an infant? Fine. Fake or shortened words combined with the high-pitched voice for a toddler? STOP IT!
- I'm ready to cut Tully's hair. He has these crazy curls in the back that make a mullet, and there's this one long piece that curls up on top. John and my mom said to leave it, but I might get out the clippers before he starts school next week.
- I like to eat Lucky Charms for dinner sometimes.
- I get mad when blogs make you type the CAPTCHA phrase/number thingy to prove you are not a robot when posting comments. I NEVER get it right the first time. Unless you are Ree Drummond from The Pioneer Woman or Glennon from Momastery, you probably aren't going to have spammers leaving comments on your blog, so go ahead and remove that for me. Please and thank you.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
"C" is for Confessions
Last week Courtney started doing "Wednesday Confessional" posts. For the most part I think mommy bloggers post only the good things online, which sort of gives the impression that life is perfect. It's not, but no one wants to sit around listening bad news all the time either. I think a weekly confession provides a good balance. Here are my spilled secrets for the week: