Monday, September 27, 2010

"C" is for Children's Place

After 2+ years of living in my house, I still get mail for the previous owners.  Today's find: coupons for The Children's Place.  I don't have kids, so I don't need coupons for your store.  When I do, I'll visit your store and sign up for my own coupons.  I'll probably also sign up for your free rewards program, but that's another story.  So back to the mail...I seriously call and ask to be removed from every mailing list for every company that sends me something I don't want.  We get very little junk mail in return.  Every time I check the mailbox and it's empty I do a mental victory dance.  So today I called TCP's customer service line to ask to be removed from the mailing list.  I navigated through the menu prompts and was put on hold for the first 27 minutes.  Then the line started ringing.  I got all excited thinking my 27 minutes on hold totally paid off, but I was wrong.  The phone counter got all the way to 53 minutes before someone answered the the ringing line.  Then the guy said that he's not familiar with TCP and that their phones have been down due to a computer glitch.  Really?  A 53-minute computer glitch?  I despise you, TCP customer service, and no matter how cute your clothes are, I will never shop at your store.

As a side note, I did manage to do some work and have a quick phone call with my mom on my cell, while listening to TCP's phone Muzak and ring-ringing on my home phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...