Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"C" is for Child #2

Remember when I wrote about Tully's nursing strike around his first birthday?  At first I thought he was holding out on me due to teething pain from his molars, but what I really think happened is that my milk changed.  Tully's nursing strike coincided perfectly with the start of my second pregnancy.  Tully knew about his baby brother/sister before I could even do an in-home test!  Baby "C" #2 is due December 23.

Here are some things I want to remember about this pregnancy.

It started out exactly the same with Tully: light-headedness (weeks 5-7) followed by extreme nausea (weeks 7-12).  With Tully I tried all of the natural remedies, and I felt like crap for months.  This time I'm taking prescription medication, as needed, and I am able to function much better.  God bless modern medicine.

I failed the C2K5 program again.  It seems like every time I start this program, I get pregnant.  I got to week 3 of the program, found out I was pregnant, and quit running completely.  I just did not have the energy.  My goal was to "train" for the 8 weeks leading up to Stevie's Head for the Cure 5K on May 12 and then jog the whole thing.  When I found out I was pregnant, I devised a new plan that only consisted of walking.  When we walked with the stroller last year, we waited for all of the runners to get started, so we weren't in their way.  Unfortunately, we waited too long and got behind A LOT of really slow walkers.  I realize these people weren't trying to set any records, but we didn't have all day to spend walking 3 miles.  I had a 5-week old that was sure to need to eat within the hour.  And the thought of breastfeeding while walking?  Not easy.  We didn't want to get stuck too far behind this year, so we hopped in after the serious runners had cleared the main start area.  Bad timing again because we jumped in a little too soon and were surrounded by lots more runners.  To keep from being "that guy/girl" we jogged the first mile or so.  After about a 30-second walk, we were off again.  We finished the race in 38 minutes.  Definitely not a record breaker, but not too bad at 2 months pregnant and no prep. Also, we ran as a family, which was really nice.  Even ZachZach ran with us!


John, Mom, Dad, Tully, Me
Post race with the inspiration behind HFTC 5K North Texas, Stevie Patrick

huffing and puffing along

Zach was such a good boy
We've already decided on the names for the new baby.  Our girl name is the same as before, since we obviously didn't use it.  And after only a couple discussions we easily reached agreement on a new boy name that was meaningful and unique but not too weird.  I think we'll reveal the name when we discover the gender again.  Stay tuned until August.

The most fun part of this pregnancy is sharing it with friends in Texas who are expecting babies right around the same time: November 4, December 5, and January 5.  It will be awesome when everyone's house is baby proofed, and the days and nights are planned around nap schedules and early bed times.  Then we won't be the only couple having to find a quiet place to put our little one down.  As the kids get older, it will be so much fun for them to play together while the adults catch up too.

Here is our little peanut at 13 weeks.  He/she has a healthy heartbeat and enjoys moving around a lot.

8 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more and see what you're having!! So, so fun!!

    Hope you feel 100% soon! Are you feeling boy or girl???

    I should have known something was up with your salt & vinegar chip cravings ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, mama! i was thinking you've been a bit quiet the past month or two ... i guess we now know why!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's out and hopefully you are starting to feel better! I don't think my milk changed much when I got prego again- either that or Jay was just that hungry that he didn't notice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting!! Congrats on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to be Grammy x 2! Can't wait to share my love with the new little peanut. I love the family pics of our 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I feel like a dork for not having seen this post sooner; don't know how I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...