Since summer is officially over I decided to update the front door wreath for fall. Here's the before and after.
|Click photo to zoom for details.|
This time I bought smaller, cheaper flowers at Hobby Lobby, and I used plastic loops for retail price tags to secure the "C" to the wreath. The hot glue and wood glue didn't work. I suppose you could use fishing line, since most people don't have tagging loops around. I picked up some dark yellow paint and added a coat over the existing light green. It took me longer to cut the wire stems than it did to actually arrange the flowers, so this was a pretty quick and easy update. We're now ready for cool weather and trick-or-treaters!
If you're wondering about the small, black and white sign to the right of the door, I ordered it on Etsy with custom text. "Baby sleeping. Knock, if needed. No solicitors." Not one solicitor has bothered me since I placed the sign outside, and you have to actually lift the sign up to get to the doorbell, so UPS and FedEx have cut that out too. There's nothing worse than the doorbell and a barking dog while kids are trying to sleep. I leave the sign up all the time to cover naps and Tully's early bed times. I figure this thing will be near the door for a few years.