Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"C" is for Chops

Since I bought a family-size package of pork chops earlier this month for MmmBop Pork Chops, and my future posts are pending a) completion of any one of three house projects or b) receipt of a refund check from Continental, I figured I would share John's second favorite pork chop recipe, which I made up on-the-fly tonight.  John says this one is to die for.

Suicide Soy Pork Chops

Makes 4 servings.
Prep time: 0 minutes.
Cook time: 5 minutes.


Ingredients
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 8 splashes soy sauce
  • 4 sprinkles ginger
  • 4 sprinkles parsley
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (I highly recommend Misto® Olive Oil Sprayer for cooking and salads.)
Directions
  1. Add olive oil and pork chops to skillet over medium-high heat. 
  2. Add a splash of soy sauce and a sprinkle of ginger and parsley to each pork chop.  (I grabbed the first two spices I could find on my rack.  Feel free to use whatever is available in your pantry instead.)
  3. Cook for 1 minute, then flip pork chops.
  4. Add another splash of soy sauce to each pork chop for moisture.
  5. Cook for 1 minute, then flip pork chops.
  6. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until centers of pork chops are white. (Thin pork chops took about 3 minutes.)
  7. Serve with a salad or rice.
Th-th-th-that's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...