I started two other posts this week, but neither one of them developed into anything interesting, so I'm scrapping both and linking up with other bloggers for "What I'm Loving Wednesday."
1. I'm loving that the high school softball team in my hometown is doing a dinner fundraiser on Sunday, and the food they are serving is from Taco Hut. Taco Hut was THE place to eat when I was in high school, and they were famous for their cheese sanchos and tacos. Sadly, the restaurant closed shortly after I graduated, so it's a really big deal that they're making tacos and sanchos just for this event. I have a feeling it's going to be a massive, multi-year, high school reunion. I live an hour away, and I'm willing to drive back just for this, which is unreal.
2. I'm loving that we've made major progress on the house to-do list. We're down to a few minor items like putting boxes away, changing air filters, hanging some wall art, and steaming the curtains (yes, they're still wrinkled from when I wrote about hanging them in January.) John worked really hard on the yard, so we have all new mulch in our flower beds. If you live in the Tulsa area, you should check out the Greenwaste Site! Tulsa residents can drop off tree branches, grass clippings, and leaves for free, AND you can get free mulch. They'll even dump the mulch into your truck bed for you. It's great.
3. I'm loving that I figured out The Pioneer Woman (PW) lives just up the road. Okay, not like one mile up the road...more like an hour away, but it's THE Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I tried to explain to John how famous she is, and the first people that came to mind were Rachel Ray and Oprah. Now I know Oprah is in a league of her own, but PW is a big deal too with her blog, books, etc. How did I not know she lived in Oklahoma?! Two other Tulsa bloggers I follow, Marie @ Pouty Pink Princess and Katie @ It's in the Details, wrote about PW's local book signings, and all of a sudden I started making these connections. My parents grew up in a small town called Hominy where many of the Drummond family members lived, and I've heard my mom talk about the Drummond home, which is now a historic site. A quick Google search on the Drummond family let me know the original Drummonds had roots in both Hominy and Pawhuska, which is where PW lives now. I don't know why I find all of this so intriguing, but it really is a small world.
4. I'm loving that in a few short weeks (days?) my sweet baby, Tully, will arrive. His bag is packed for the hospital, and I started my bag too. It's kinda hard to pack when you only have three or four items that fit though. I need to wear them now--they can't be in a bag! I can already see myself frantically doing laundry when it's go time.
5. I'm loving that my work Inbox has zero, count them...zero, emails. I do a pretty good job keeping emails sorted into folders and/or moved to the task list, but at the end of the day I always have a few that require special attention and must stay in my Inbox for a while longer. After my paper is finalized and submitted to the Commission on Friday, I consider myself home free, as far as work is concerned. I can't believe things are winding down enough for me to feel comfortable taking off work for the baby. The feeling is surreal, and I am SO looking forward to these next few months.