Monday, December 20, 2010

"C" is for Convex (cont.)

Tully is definitely growing, and so am I!


I knew the nesting bug would kick in sooner or later, and it did a couple weekends ago.  I held John hostage on a Sunday afternoon to help me reorganize the kitchen cabinets and pantry to make room for Tully's future stuff.  Now it might seem like a simple task to clear out one area for plastic-ware, but I've grown pretty attached to my stemware and stoneware.  I also had to think about where Tully's stuff would be located in reference to the refrigerator, pantry, sink, etc. and how much cabinet vs. drawer space he would need.  In addition to creating more cabinet space for Tully, I had to get the rest of the stemware out of storage boxes and into my cabinets.  I'm sure I'm way over-thinking all of this, but the last thing I want to do when the baby gets here is have a cluttered kitchen or wedding presents that need to be unpacked.

Stemware in cabinets on right reduced to only what we need.  Empty space on left.
Stemware on countertop being moved to cabinets above refrigerator.
So after the three-hour reorganize-a-thon we managed to get all of our stemware out of boxes; create one huge empty cabinet, a large empty drawer directly below the empty cabinet, and an empty spot in the pantry; and provide better access to the items we use most every day.

I also got started on Tully's room.  The dresser and armoire are (sort of) in place, and I can't wait for the crib and bedding to arrive.  It's a work in progress, and he definitely won't have a white lamp with crystal beads on it in his room when I'm done--I just needed some task lighting to work on the dresser area.

Tully's Room

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...